Student Rights and Responsibilities For School-Issued Electronic Devices
- Any device or accessory assigned to students remains the property of LCSD and must be returned in good working condition when requested or when withdrawing from the school.
- The location of devices is trackable at school and outside of school.
- Use of devices in school and at home is subject to all applicable LCSD policies and regulations.
- The device is intended primarily for educational purposes; all internet use on devices is filtered inside and outside of school.
- Students will not willfully bypass district imposed restrictions at any time.
- LCSD reserves the right to search the contents of any device if there is reasonable suspicion of inappropriate content.
- Individuals are responsible for ensuring the device’s battery is charged daily.
- Students must not disassemble devices or attempt any repairs.
- In case of theft, vandalism, breakage or any other event that disables a device, create a service ticket via this link.
Student Fees, Fines and Charges
The following student fees, fines and charges may apply per LCSD policy JN:
- $15 per student technology fee due at registration.
- $100 charge if a student does not return the device when he/she withdraws or graduates. When the device is returned the fee will be removed.
- $35 charge for a replacement charger.
- $30 minimum and up to $100 maximum charge per incident and a major referral if a student intentionally damages a device.
Personal Electronics & Social Media
- Electronic Device & Social Media Contract (Elementary)
- Electronic Device & Social Media Contract – Spanish (Elementary)
- Electronic Device & Social Media Contract (Secondary)
- Electronic Device & Social Media Contract – Spanish (Secondary)
- If you need technical help with the Chromebook you checked out – Click here
- Logging on to Chromebook – English, Spanish, MAM
- Accessing Classlink on School Issued Device – Video
- Access Student Account (Classlink) from a Non-School Issued Device – English, Spanish, MAM
The Lincoln County School District offers a Chromebook to every student that enrolls to enhance their learning. For grades K-6, the Chromebook stays in the classroom at all times, but is assigned to the student for daily use. Grades 7-12 are assigned a Chromebook and a charger, and they are responsible for taking it home after school, and then bringing it back to school, fully charged and ready to be used in their classes.
Summer, Winter, and Spring Break
Chromebook Monitoring Over Break – December 12, 2022 Letter to the Community
GoGuardian Parent App – Instructions for at Home Internet Monitoring