The objective at this time is to provide every student a Chromebook to use at home until full-time in the classroom learning resumes. Please contact your school to determine how to receive a Chromebook for your student.
These links provide useful information when working with a Chromebook at home:
- If you need technical help with the Chromebook you checked out – Click here
- Logging on to Chromebook – English, Spanish, MAM
- Accessing Classlink on School Issued Device – Video
- Access Student Account (Classlink) from a Non-School Issued Device – English, Spanish, MAM
- GoGuardian Parent App Request Form – Monitor and filter your student’s Chromebook internet browsing activity. Solicitud en español de acceso para padres de GoGuardian
Student Rights and Responsibilities For School-Issued Electronic Devices
- Any device or accessory assigned to students remains the property of LCSD and must be returned in good working condition when requested or when withdrawing from the school.
- The location of devices is trackable at school and outside of school.
- Use of devices in school and at home is subject to all applicable LCSD policies and regulations.
- The device is intended primarily for educational purposes; all internet use on devices is filtered inside and outside of school.
- Students will not willfully bypass district imposed restrictions at any time.
- LCSD reserves the right to search the contents of any device if there is reasonable suspicion of inappropriate content.
- Individuals are responsible for ensuring the device’s battery is charged daily.
- Students must not disassemble devices or attempt any repairs.
- In case of theft, vandalism, breakage or any other event that disables a device, create a service ticket via this link.
Student Fees, Fines and Charges:
The following student fees, fines and charges may apply per LCSD policy JN:
- $15 per student technology fee due at registration.
- $100 charge if a student does not return the device when he/she withdraws or graduates. When the device is returned the fee will be removed.
- $20 charge for removal of device covers when it was issued with a cover.
- $30 minimum and up to $100 maximum charge per incident and a major referral if a student intentionally damages a device.