Apply for a Job
Thank you for your interest in employment with Lincoln County School District, located on the beautiful central Oregon coast!
Please Note: Applications are now being accepted online only using the Recruit & Hire system.
Coach Applicants Only: While our preferred method to receive applications is online through Recruit & Hire, we do accept paper Coach Applications which can be printed, filled out, and mailed to: Human Resources, Lincoln County School District, P.O. Box 1110 Newport, OR 97365. Download paper application HERE
The following steps will guide you through the Recruit & Hire process:
- Click on the “Search Open Positions” link above.
- Click on the title of the position for which you wish to apply. This will take you to the details of the job posting.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications for the posting, click on the Apply for this Position button.
- If you have an existing Recruit and Hire account, login using your existing username and password under I already have a Recruit & Hire account with Lincoln County SD.
- If you already have an existing EdZapp account, you may login under I want to transfer my account from another Recruit & Hire District or from EdZapp with the email and password information you have previously established.
- If you do not have an existing Recruit and Hire or EdZapp account or would like to create a new account, you should enter your information under I am a new applicant and follow the instructions.
- Once you have logged in, fill out all of the appropriate sections of the application by following the prompts.
Lincoln County School District contracts with Mid-Columbia Bus Company for its transportation services. Mid-Columbia handles its own hiring and does not take applications online. Go to www.midcobus.com for a list of job openings and information on how to apply.
Lincoln County School District contracts with Sodexo for its custodial and food services. Sodexo handles their own hiring and only takes applications online. Use the link below for a list of job openings and information on how to apply:
Pre-Employment Drug Testing Policy
All offers of employment made by Lincoln County School District are contingent upon applicant’s successful passage of a district-required pre-employment drug screening test.(LCSD Policy GBED).
Lincoln County Schools shall promote non-discrimination and an environment free of harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or age or because of the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or age of any other persons with whom the individual associates.
Rural Teacher Education Pathway Project
The Lincoln County School District, Oregon Coast Community College, and Western Oregon University have partnered together to provide a pathway for local students to become teachers:
More About Our Team!
Here is what Lincoln County School District can offer you:
- Rewarding Position in Mid-Size District
520 teachers, administrators and support staff serve 5,400 students at 11 schools and 4 charter schools.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
See our salary schedule. Our pay meets or beats those of comparable districts!
- New Teacher Mentor Program
All first- and second-year teachers are matched with a trained mentor, receiving a minimum of 90 hours of hands-on support. Participants are eligible for 18 hours of continuing education credit.
- High Retention / Quality Staff
Our teachers average 13.4 years of teaching experience; 67% have a Master’s degree or higher.
Computers, interactive white boards, document cameras, data projectors, digital cameras, and more are available at all district schools and most classrooms.
- Numerous Professional Development Opportunities
Reimbursement is available for teacher-initiated professional development, and stipends awarded for advanced education or certification. In-district, our professional educators may participate in Ocean Literacy activities, math coaching training, SIOP training, and National Board certification, to name a few.
- Ocean Literacy Initiative
Following release of the West Coast Governors’ Agreement on Ocean Health, Lincoln County School District has made Ocean Literacy a priority. In cooperation with Oregon Coast Aquarium and other local agencies, the school district is working to make learning about the ocean a regular part of the K-12 student experience. Local partnerships provide staff professional development, materials and support for increasing students’ ocean literacy while addressing Oregon state standards.
- Arts, Science, Business Partnership
Lincoln County School District regularly partners with leaders in our Arts, Business and Science communities… National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Oregon State University, Let There Be Arts, Oregon Coast Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science Center, and many more.
- Support for School Improvements
County voters overwhelmingly approved a $63 million general obligation bond measure in May 2011. Thanks to this vote of confidence for their local school district, we can build a new high school in Waldport, construct 34 new classrooms at seven of our schools, and make innovations and upgrades at all of our schools.