Our 2022 crew Julie Turner, RN, MSN, NCSN, Michelle Bracy, RN, BSN, Scott Dieker, RN, CEN, and Mollie Vance, RN, BSN
Welcome! The purpose of Nurse’s Corner is to update students and families on important school health-related information. We hope you find the information below to be a valuable resource. We firmly believe the motto that “Healthy Kids Learn Better” and are constantly working to improve the health and well being of all our students here in Lincoln County.
Prevent the Flu
- WASH your hands often with soap & water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- AVOID touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- AVOID close contact with sick people, if possible.
- PRACTICE good health habits: get plenty of sleep & exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.
- COVER your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- THROW the tissue in the trash after you use it.
School Health Policies, Procedures & Plans
Please visit the Immunization Rates page for county and school stats.
Samantha Schafer, MPH, CHES
Lincoln County Health and Human Services
Phone: 541-265-6611 ext. 3281
Handwashing Poster Contest Winners 2020-21
K-2 winner: Cain Worden, 2nd Grade, Toledo Elementary – 3-5 winner: Petty Pearce 4th Grade, Toledo Elementary
6-8 winners (Made a poster together): Jayde Reyes-Cornejo, Katelynne Schwabe, and Ximena Sanchez-Lopez, all 8th Grade, Taft 7-12
9-12 winner: Rafael Gonzalez 9th Grade, Newport High