Special Education Services are available through Lincoln County School District to students who are ages 5-21 by September 1, and to children ages 0-5 through Linn-Benton-Lincoln ESD who are identified as disabled.
Services are provided to children who meet disability eligibility criteria and have a determined need for specially designed instruction in one of the following categories:
- Communication Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Impairment
- Visual Impairment
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairments
- Specific Learning Disability
- Emotional Disturbance
- Intellectual Disability
- Deaf Blindness
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Developmental Delay
To start your referral for a child who is age 0-5, please call the Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) office in Newport at 541-574-2240. Referrals can come directly from the child’s family or from others involved with the child. There is no cost for EI/ECSE services to families.
To start a referral for a school aged student (age 5-21), contact the principal or school psychologist at your child’s school.
Information for Parents & Students
- Parent/Student Rights for Special Education (English)
- Parent/Student Rights for Special Education (Spanish)
- Derechose De Los Padres/Estudiantes Para Educacion Especial (Spanish)
- Oregon Department of Education – Special Education
- 2020-21 List of Specialists
- IDEA 2004 Flow Chart
Excellent tool for teachers and parents to understand the development and implementation of the IEP (Individual Education Program) for school age students.
- LCSD continues to use the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) program, developed by the Crisis Prevention Institute. These rules apply to ALL students for ANY use of physical restraint or seclusion implemented by school personnel.
- Report Card (English)
- Report Card (Spanish)
Information for Staff
Special Education staff can access information within the LCSD Special Education Google Classroom.
Special Programs Administrator
Early Intervention Administrator