Lincoln County School District (LCSD) serves students from all areas in the county, which occupies a 55-mile strip of the central Oregon coast beginning at Cascade Head, south to Cape Perpetua. East-West distances averages about 20 miles from the Pacific Ocean to inland areas. The county’s total area of about 1,000 square miles makes it comparable in size to Rhode Island.
The county’s 48,820 residents cluster around the coastal communities of Lincoln City, Depoe Bay, Newport, Waldport and Yachats, and around inland communities of Toledo, Siletz, and Eddyville. Each area of our district is unique, with different perspectives and cultures. Overriding all areas and schools in Lincoln County School District is a commitment to quality learning for students and staff.
Our guiding philosophy of “every child, every day, future ready” is intended for all who touch our district.
The District serves about 5,435 students from Kindergarten through 12th grade in 11 regular schools, 1 online school k-12, and 3 public charter schools, with a total of approximately 600 employees.
LCSD contracts with Sodexo for custodial and food services, and with First Student, Inc. for transportation services.
Interesting facts about LCSD
- Awards to our teaching staff include the Milken Award, Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST), Regional Teacher of the Year, Oregon PE Teacher of the Year, Oregon Substitute Teacher of the Year, and Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- LCSD is proud to have 8 National Board Certified Teachers.
- The District had an agreement with Oregon Coast Community College to offer classes to LCSD students who earn credits at both the college and the high school (“Expanded Options”) prior to the state requiring it.
- AVID has been implemented in all schools, including elementary grades. AVID is advancement via individual determination and has proven to support graduation levels.
- Taft High School in Lincoln City offers an award-winning culinary arts program.
- Newport High is an International Baccalaureate school.
- LCSD Compass Online School offers quality education online for students K-12.
- Lincoln City Career Tech Charter High School has a Coastal Drone Academy.
- Crestview Heights Elementary is piloting an Experiential Ocean Literacy Program.
- Waldport High School has been awarded a Bronze medal by the US News and World Report Rankings of Best High Schools for four consecutive years.
- From 2012-13 to 2017-18 school years there has been a 37% increase in Hispanic students with a 27 % increase in English Language Learners. There are 26 home languages identified as being used in student homes.
- About 1112 students in the district have been identified and are currently receiving services from the Homeless Education and Literacy Program.
- Through a Community Eligibility Provision, we offer all students breakfast and lunch at no charge.
Lincoln County School District offers a wide range of educational opportunities for students.
General questions about our district may be directed to:
Phone: 541-265-9211 ext. 415