Lincoln County School District Request for Proposal
Individual and Small Group Student Transportation
Description: Lincoln County School District (LCSD) is requesting proposals for special route transportation for individual and small groups of students preK through 12th grade that include Foster Care, McKinney-Vento, and Special Education. This transportation would primarily be within Lincoln County; however, occasional routes are needed between Lincoln County and neighboring counties.
- Vehicles must have inspections by a certified mechanic every 3,000 miles.
- Vehicles must have driver inspections daily.
- Cameras in vehicles must record and store 20 calendar days of footage.
- Appropriate valid operating licenses required.
- Verification that drivers have passed drug tests and criminal background checks.
- Drivers to be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Routes cannot be combined with clients that are not LCSD students and their families.
- Terms of service from date of contract award through June 30, 2019.
- Transportation services must be available on short notice and varying schedules.
- Availability of safety equipment including car seats and booster seats is recommended.
- Verification of auto and liability insurance coverage with a minimum of $2,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 in annual aggregate, combined single limit.
- Contractor’s General Liability policy must not specifically exclude coverage for sexual abuse and molestation. If it is excluded, evidence of separate sexual abuse and molestation coverage of not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence, $3,000,000 in annual aggregate must be provided to the District in the form of a certificate of insurance with District listed as additional insured.
Rates: Please provide rates at a dollar amount per mile. Proposals are to include the date by which each specification and insurance requirement will be met. Please provide any additional details that might support your proposal for individual and small group student transportation.
Please contact Katey Townsend at 541-265-4506 or Katey.Townsend@lincoln.k12.or.us with any questions.
Proposals may be submitted by email to Sarah.Hibbs@lincoln.k12.or.us, by fax to (541) 336-3702 or by mail to 295 NE Burgess, Toledo, Oregon 97391.
Proposals must be submitted by Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm.