Welcome! The purpose of Nurse’s Corner is to update students and families on important school health-related information. We hope you find the information below to be a valuable resource. We firmly believe the motto that “Healthy Kids Learn Better” and are constantly working to improve the health and well being of all our students here in Lincoln County.
Prevent the Flu
- WASH your hands often with soap & water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- AVOID touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- AVOID close contact with sick people, if possible.
- PRACTICE good health habits: get plenty of sleep & exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.
- COVER your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- THROW the tissue in the trash after you use it.
School Health Policies, Procedures & Plans
- LCSD Nursing Bulletin
- LCSD Policies – Section “J”
- Infectious Disease Plan
- When to Keep Your Child Home from School (English)
- When to Keep Your Child Home from School (Spanish)
- Head Lice Information for Parents and Staff
Please visit the Immunization Rates page for county and school stats.
- Requirements (English)
- Requirements (Spanish)
- Non-medical Exemptions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reasons Why Your Family Should Get the Flu Shot
- What If You Don’t Immunize Your Child?
- Where Can I Take My Child to Get Immunizations?
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse Awareness
- Get the flu vaccine in your area