December E-Learning Update
Edmentum Family information Meeting Q & A (December 15th, 2020)
LCSD Families, are you new to the Edmentum Program? Our E-Learning team is conducting Edmentum orientation for our K-6 students and families in order to create a smooth transition for our students. Please join us to gain additional information along with short demonstrations in both Exact Path and Study Island. These are the two programs you and your child will be using while you venture through the E-Learning Program.
- Secondary 7-12 LCSD Online Handbook 2020-2021
- Secondary 7-12 LCSD Online Handbook 2020-2021 – Spanish
LCSD Families, are you new to the Edmentum Program? Our E-Learning team is conducting Edmentum orientation for our 7-12 students and families in order to create a smooth transition for our students. Please view the video below to gain additional information along with a navigational demonstration within Courseware. Edmentum Courseware will be the platform students will use to complete their coursework throughout their E-Learning experience.
What is Edmentum?
Edmentum is an online program offered by the Lincoln County School District in order to meet the needs of students who wish to conduct their education away from a traditional campus. LCSD believes all students can benefit from accessing academic rigor, exploration/discovery, and an engaging approach to student learning. Central to our E-Learning program is the curriculum that fosters and encourages students to be more innovative and productive in their learning and study habits. Our E-Learning program content delivery and instruction is asynchronous and provides students the flexibility to create instructional schedules that fit their family needs. LCSD is committed to providing academic options where students are able to realize their full potential for living their future life as they imagine while pursuing their dreams.
- Exact Path – combines adaptive diagnostic assessments with individualized learning pathways to promote growth for students in math, reading, and language arts. An Individualized-learning path ensures to meet students at his or her academic level while pursuing growth and proficiency.
- Study Island – confirms that all students receive grade-level content in math, language arts, social studies, and science through engaging interactive features that reinforce student learning while aligning with Common Core State Standards.
- Courseware – Offers a wide range of rigor and relevant course offerings that align with CCSS and meet Oregon’s Graduation Requirements. Courseware is based on the development of real-world skills while developing perseverance and determination for students to discover their full potential beyond the classroom.
What support is in place for parents/students?
- Weekly Office Hours – LCSD Certified Teachers will provide office hours to support our E-Learning students. Students are responsible to attend these office hours to get receive help with assignments, questions, and collaborate with our very own LCSD teachers.
- Incident IQ – Tool students and families will use to report issues with LCSD issued technology (charger missing, broken screen, etc.). After the Incident IQ Ticket is established, LCSD Tech members will reach out via email.
- Edmentum Help Center Button: This resource has been embedded into the Edmentum Platform (top right pink button). Help Center provides additional resources to help ensure students and families are familiar with the platform and have created tutorials that are easy to follow.
- Teacher of Records (Secondary Only) – LCSD Teachers who are committed to working with students to ensure the best possible chance for success. We require teachers to respond to student inquiries and grade student work in a timely manner.
- Monitors (Secondary Only) – play a critical role in providing mentoring for the student and helping to facilitate communication with the Teachers of Record and guidance counselors. The E-Learning Monitors have access to student courses, reports, and grades.
- Edmentum E-Learning Administrator and Coordinator Zachary Lillebo Zachary.email@example.com
- The ability to change academic options can take place during the first week of a term or at the conclusion of the present term. Parents will need to communicate with the building team and complete the Change of Academic Option Request Form.
- Edmentum Tech Support
- Phone: 800-447-5286
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org