Weather-Related School Closures
- By 6:00 a.m., local radio stations, and major Portland TV news stations are notified and begin making announcements.
- A message is recorded on the LCSD 24-hour Information Line: 541-265-4437.
- By 6:30 a.m., we will update the LCSD website with the current school closure/delay information. The District Facebook Pageand FlashAlert are other places to check for updates.
- A text message may be sent to all parents and staff by 6:00 a.m. to the primary phone number on file.
- If announcements are not on local radio, the 24-hour Information Line or the LCSD website, the Mid Columbia Bus Company will run their regular routes, and schools will operate on their regular schedules.
- Power outages and/or downed power lines may make internet access and phone messaging systems unavailable.
- Isolated inclement weather situations mean some areas might seem unaffected, but the entire school district usually closes if buses are unsafe in any area.
Please also see our Safety & Emergency Preparedness page for other emergency information.