Each Wednesday is an Early Release day. This means school ends at 2:10.
Important Upcoming Dates:
16th: No School; MLK Day
3rd: No School; Records Day
6th: No School
8th: Booster Meeting @1:00, Sam Case
8th: Booser Meeting @1:00, Sam Case
27-31: No School; Spring Break
24th: Booster Meeting @1:00, Sam Case
26th: Evening Conferences
26th: Staff Appreciation Lunch/Boosters
27th: No School/All Day Conferences
28th: No School
26th: No School; School Improvement
29th: No School; Memorial Day
9th: End of Year Carnival/Boosters
16th: Last Day For Students (1/2 day)
Please make sure your students are dressed warmly during this VERY COLD time of the year. They may be waiting outside during the morning for the doors to open, at recess time, and getting home for cars/walkers and the bus.
2016/2017 School Calendar Now Available.
School Based Health Center
Open for Business this summer
Newport School Based Health
Center at Newport High will
continue to see kids, families, and
adults over the summer!
Most insurance accepted
No one turned away for inability to pay
We serve all ages!
Lincoln Community Health Center
1010 SW Coast Highway, Suite 203
Newport, Oregon 97365
- 7:45 am – Cafeteria doors open.
- 8:15 am – First bell: Students may go to their classrooms
- 8:30 am – School begins, Tardy bell rings
- 3:15 End of school day
- Early Release is each Wednesday.
- 2:15 End of school day
HORARIO DE LA CAMPANA
- 7:45 am – Se abren las puertas de la Cafetería.
- 8:15 am – Los estudiantes se van a los alones de clases (si están los maestros)
- 8:30 am – Las clases comienzan, (toca la campana para los que llegan tarde)
- 3:15 pm – Salida.
- Salida temprana es cada miércoles. Los estudiantes saldrán a las 2:15.
Free breakfast and lunch
LCSD participated in a pilot program last school year that will continue in 2016/17 that provided students with breakfast and lunch for free. The project, entitled “Community Eligibility Program” or C.E.P. is authorized by Congress as part of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. Several school districts around the country are participating.
The pilot program allows all students to eat breakfast and lunch at no charge. It eliminated the need for parents to complete free/reduced applications, eliminated student lunch charges, and streamlined operations for food services staff. Students will still be responsible for paying for ala carte items and second lunches.
Yaquina View Elementary
Early Childhood Center
- Principal: Kristin Takano Becker
- Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
351 SE Harney St.
Newport, OR 97365