About Yaquina View Elementary School
- Principal:Kristin Takano Becker
School Secretary: Myrna Buzby
Health & Records: Cassandra Fix
- Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
351 SE Harney St.
Newport, OR 97365
- Grades: K-2
- Year Built: 1958 Remodeled 2015
- Student Demographics:
(provided by Oregon Dept. of Education, 2013/14)
- Number of Students: 453
- American Indian / Alaskan Native: 6
- Asian / Pacific Islander: 1
- African American: 5
- Hispanic: 140
- Multi-Ethnic: 23
- White: 275
- Femle: 49.7 %
- Male: 50.3 %
Economically Disadvantaged: 64.7 %
(based on free/reduced lunch eligibility)
School Report Cards
The Oregon Department of Education produces yearly report cards for schools and districts. These reports were mandated by the 1999 state legislature and provide educators with an opportunity to communicate directly with parents and community members about how local schools are performing.
In 2013, the Oregon Department of Education released a newly redesigned school and district Report Card. This new Report Card is the product of a year of review and revisions, led by an external Report Card Steering Committee and informed by feedback from thousands of stakeholders around the state.
The goals of the redesign were to:
- More accurately reflect student learning and growth;
- Incorporate key measures of college and career readiness;
- Align the report card with district’s achievement compacts; and
- Make the Report Cards more user friendly and accessible.